Thursday 27 October 2011

Model 3

My third model was another original design. Being such, I didn't need to use a reference image - though I was slightly inspired by R2D2 when I came up with my model.

I used the Spline tool to create the legs because extruding them to the desired width. The next step was to create a cylinder and a sphere before using the Boolean Unison to connect them together.

















 Afterwards I created some more cylinders that I rotated and used them to attach the legs to the main body of the droid. 

As I wanted this droid to look like its purpose was that of a 'dustbin' I hollowed out the main body of the droid using the Boolean Subtraction tool. I also added a 'lid' of sorts to hang behind the droid's body (the idea being that the rubbish would be placed in the lid and then the lid would flip up and empty into the body when full - though this action won't actually be performed in the animation). I created it using the cone shape and then hollowing it out.
































I also modeled a separate front "control pad" using a box shape and then connecting the edges and extruding them. I also added two spheres to act as "buttons". The final step was just using the Boolean Unison tool to connect them all together and then to the droid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment